This Salsa Picante makes a great salad dressing that is much healthier than the bottled salad dressing you can buy and it is oil free too, if you are trying to cut down on oil.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos (or to taste)
- 25 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 limes (juice only)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
Put all of the ingredients in to a food processor.
Blend until smooth with a few chunks in it (or until desired consistency).
Pour in to a pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes and then cool before serving.
- You don't have to heat the salsa, and you can just serve it straight away. But it does make it juicier and make it a nicer red colour.
- You can experiment with this salsa to adapt it to your own tastes. If you want less heat, use less chilli. If you don't love coriander, use less or leave it out. Want it more zesty? Add more lime!
- Serve with burritos, tacos, on eggs or as a salad dressing.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1280IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.5mg