Use up leftover chicken and some cupboard staples for these family-friendly Chicken Quesadillas. Simple to make and totally tasty!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 100 g cooked chicken
- 35 g fajita seasoning
- 4 corn tortillas
- 30 g mature cheddar cheese grated
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
Cook the peppers and onion in the oil for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken and the fajita seasoning and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Cover two of the tortillas with a generous amount of the chicken mix.
Sprinkle the grated cheese over the chicken and vegetable mix
Cover with the other tortilla and cook in a dry pan for 1 minute, one quesadilla at a time.
Carefully flip the whole thing over and cook for a further minute, making sure the cheese has melted.
Cut into quarters and serve.
- If you don't have leftover chicken, then you can fine up some small chopped chicken breasts.
- You can use store bought fajita seasoning if you don't want to make your own.
- Give these a green veggie boost by added some chopped spinach at the same time as the cheese.
- Use flour tortillas rather than corn, as there are more pliable.
Serving: 1Quesadilla | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1572mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3875IU | Vitamin C: 136mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 3mg