Why not change things a bit when it comes to roast lamb and try this flavour packed Pulled Lamb? Cooked low and slow over 4 hours until it just falls apart.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Resting time15 mins
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 10 people
For the lamb:
- 2.6 kg leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp "Season All" spice mix
- 2 lemon (juice only)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Foe the slaw:
- 500 g red cabbage shredded
- 500 g white cabbage shredded
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 3 small carrots shredded
- 0.5 lemon (juice only)
- 100 g low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 20 mini soft tortillas
- 60 g rocket lettuce
- Dips to serve (hummus, tzatziki, pea and mint, red pepper)
Mix together the seasoning, lemon juice and olive oil.
Put the lamb on a large baking tray and then rub the seasoning mix over the lamb, making sure it is all covered.
Put in a preheated oven at 180°C (160°C fan) / 360°F / gas mark 4, for 4 hours.
Once cooked, let the meat rest for 15 minutes. Use 2 forks to shred the meat and pull apart.
Make the slaw by mixing together the cabbage, carrot, red onion, lemon juice, yoghurt, vinegar, mustard.
Serve the lamb with wraps, the slaw, rocket lettuce, dips and olives and let everyone build their own lunch.
- If you can't find the 'season all' spice mix, then you can make your own seasoning by mixing together half a teaspoon of paprika, cumin, garlic, ground coriander, cayenne with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prefer things on the spicy side? Drizzle some sweet chilli sauce on the lamb just before serving.
- We used soft mini tortillas, but you could serve these in naans, pitas or even make your own flatbreads.
- Freeze any leftovers and then it can be reheated to serve with salads, sandwiches or quesadillas.
Serving: 1portion (no dips) | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3820IU | Vitamin C: 64.4mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 4.1mg