Here we show you how to make Almond Milk. Store bought almond milk can be expensive, so making your own is better - and you can flavour it how you want.
Prep Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs
Servings: 4 servings
- 200 g almonds
- water for soaking; enough to cover all the almonds
- 1000 ml cold water for blending
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Place the almonds in a large bowl and then cover with water. Leave them to soak for at least 6 hours but overnight is best (they will absorb some of the water) and then drain and fully rinse them.
Put the soaked almonds in a high powered blender, along with the water for blending, the sweetener you are using and any other flavours.
Blend on high for around 3 minutes until it is smooth and creamy.
Using a nut-milk bag, cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve, strain the almond milk in to a bowl. Then transfer that in to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
- Instead of almonds, you could use cashews to make an even creamier milk.
- If you like your milk a little bit sweet, you can use maple syrup, honey or agave to sweeten it, or even blend in some dates.
- Why not try a flavoured almond milk? We like vanilla, cocoa or cinnamon.
- This milk will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, however it is best up to 2 days, so just make as much as you need.
Serving: 250ml | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.2mg