A dressing can really make or break a salad and this Tomato Vinaigrette definitely makes a salad. It's light, fresh and low in calories, but best of all it is still full of flavour.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 700 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 red pepper de-seeded
- 10 g fresh basil
- 100 ml water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
Put all of the ingredients in the blender.
Blend until smooth.
Put a fine sieve over a bowl and pour in the mixture.
Mash down the mixture in a sieve, letting the dressing pour through to the bowl until you are just left with pulp.
- Don't throw the pulp away that is left after making the dressing. You can add this to pasta sauces.
- If you want a thicker dressing, you could replace some of the water with oil.
- Mix some of this dressing in to Greek yoghurt or creme fraiche and use it as a dip.
- We just added basil, but this dressing would be a great way to reduce waste and add any leafy herbs that you have in your fridge that need using.
- You could always add a pinch of red chilli flakes to give this dressing a spicy kick.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1030IU | Vitamin C: 31.6mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.5mg