There are roast potatoes, and then there are roast Greek Potatoes. Delicious Cornish New Potatoes coated in olive oil, lemon juice and greek herbs and baked to perfection before getting a sprinkling of feta and fresh thyme.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Par-boiling time7 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 700 g Cornish New Potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 lemon juice only
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 30 g feta
Chop the potatoes into wedges.
Put the chopped potatoes in boiling water, bring back to the boil and par-boil for 6-7 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and put in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Transfer to a baking dish, add a whole lemon, cut into quarters.
Put in a preheated oven at 220C/420F/Gas7 and bake for 40 minutes.
Transfer the baked potatoes to a plate and sprinkle with feta and fresh thyme leaves.
- You can reheat these potatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes or eat leftovers cold. If reheating, add a squeeze of lemon before serving.
- For best results use Cornish New Potatoes.
- Keep this dish vegan by leaving out the feta cheese.
- Turn it in to a main dish by adding some chopped up vegetables and chunks of chicken breast (or thighs/legs) or halloumi and roasting them at the same time (timing may vary though).
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 45.7mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3.2mg