Cucumber Tomato Salad
This Cucumber Tomato Salad is the perfect light side dish to a curry, or even served up at a BBQ for something a little different.
Prep Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cucumber sliced and then cut in to halves
- 4 tomatoes cut in to eighths
- 1 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 lemon (juice only)
- 2 tbsp mint sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 10 fresh mint leaves finely chopped
Put the cucumber, tomato and red onion in a bowl.
Add the oil, lemon juice, mint sauce and fresh mint.
Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- There are so many additions you can make to this salad. One of our favourites is to add some olives, or if you want to make it more of a main dish, then some slices are grilled chicken breast are good.
- You can make this a few hours ahead of serving it and then leave it in the fridge. The flavours will really intensify if it is left for a little while. Don't leave it too long though, as the tomatoes might go a bit soft from being cut.
- You could swap the mint for basil and take out the mint sauce and use balsamic vinegar instead.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Vitamin C: 29.2mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.8mg