Cucumber Raita is a creamy, herby dip, with a little hint of spice, that goes perfect with curry and some naan bread to dip in to it.
Prep Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 400 g plain yoghurt
- 0.75 cucumber
- 15 g fresh mint
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
Coarsely grate all of the cucumber and put in a cheese cloth and squeeze out all the liquid.
Chop the mint, crush the garlic and crate the ginger
Put the yoghurt in a large bowl with the cucumber, mint, garlic, ginger and garam masala.
- To keep it more traditional, swap the garam masala for toasted cumin seeds.
- Don't like mint? You can use fresh coriander instead.
- Give this dip a nutritional boost by swapping the cucumber for shredded courgette.
- If you are making this in advance, add the cucumber at the last minute.
- Use a full fat plain yoghurt to make this dip.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 0.4mg