Easy Mushroom Curry
This Easy Mushroom Curry is ready in under 15 minutes, cooked in one pan and makes a delicious and healthy alternative for a weekend curry or a simple weeknight meal.
Prep Time3 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 400 g mixed mushrooms chopped in to large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 0.5 lime (juice only)
- Fresh coriander to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger and gently cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the curry powder and stir.
Put the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, coconut milk and stock in the pan and mix together.
Simmer for 10 minutes. Squeeze in the lime juice and stir just before finished.
Serve with rice and coriander on top.
- You don't want to chop the mushrooms in to too small pieces, as they will get lost in the sauce. Keep them nice and chunky.
- If you want to add a bit of a protein hit to this curry, but still keep it vegan, then add in a tin of drained chickpeas when you add the tomatoes.
- Want a spicier curry? Either add some chilli powder when cooking, or a sprinkle or chilli flakes before serving.
- Take this curry to the next level by stirring in a couple of tablespoons of mango chutney before serving.
- If you want to give this curry a green veggie boost, stir in a couple of handfuls of spinach 2-3 minutes before it is ready.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2.6mg