Prawn and Chorizo Pasta
Bring a bit of the Mediterranean in to your life with this Prawn and Chorizo Pasta. Ready in just over 10 minutes, it's a quick and easy weeknight meal that is still impressive enough to wow dinner guests with.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time16 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 140 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g chorizo diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 0.5 red onion peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 0.5 tsp red chilli flakes or more to taste
- 140 g raw king prawns
- 200 g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 0.5 lemon (juice and zest only)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Rocket and parsley for serving
Add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes, until al dente.
Chop the vegetables.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and red pepper for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and chorizo and gently cook for 2 minutes.
Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the passata, tomato puree, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper, stir and gently cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
Drain the pasta (reserving a tiny bit of the wateand stir in to the tomato sauce (with the reserved pasta water).
Divide in to bowls and top with rocket, parsley and some extra black pepper and chilli flakes.
- You wouldn't usually serve cheese and fish together, but if you want some creaminess in this, then stir a little creme fraiche in to the sauce before serving.
- This dish has a little kick of spice to it, but it's not overpowering. Feel free to increase the amount of chilli flakes used.
- Increase your greens by stirring some spinach or kale in to the sauce a few minutes before it is cooked.
- Chorizo has such a strong flavour that you don't need to use a lot of it.
- A splash of red wine would add lots of extra flavour to the sauce too.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 1385mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4355IU | Vitamin C: 130.8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4.5mg