Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
You can serve these Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on bread with mozzarella, or use them as a pizza topping or stirred in to pasta. A great way to use up tomatoes with very little effort, but maximum flavour.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 350 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 6 sprig thyme
Put the tomatoes in a baking dish with the oil, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme and mix well.
Put in a preheated oven at 200C for cook for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes have started to burst open.
- Use the freshest and ripest tomatoes you can, as it will make such a difference to the flavour.
- To add some extra sweetness and for the tomatoes to caramelise a little, add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan before putting it in the oven.
- You can store these in the freezer, making this a great batch cook dish when you have a lot of tomatoes to use up.
- Use these tomatoes in pasta dishes, on pizza or mixed in to salads.
Serving: 1portion (no bread) | Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 23.3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.9mg