Mixed Berry Crisp
This Mixed Berry Crisp is an easy dessert that the whole family with love. Top with custard or ice cream or just spoon it straight from the pan.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 600 g mixed berries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g oats
- 50 g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g brown sugar
- 80 g butter
Chop the strawberries and put with the rest of the fruit.
Mix together the oats, cinnamon, flour and brown sugar.
Add the cubed butter and using your fingers, crumble it up until it is a fine crumble.
Put the berries in a large bowl with the caster sugar.
Pour the berries in to a baking dish.
Put the oat mix on top of the berries.
Put in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 40 minutes.
- If you don't have brown sugar for the topping, you could use granulated sugar instead.
- You can swap the cinnamon for ginger and nutmeg, or use a mixture of the three.
- We used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, however you could use just one.
- This topping is delicious on stewed apples too.
- You can serve this with ice cream or custard.
- You can use frozen berries in this recipe too.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 37.7mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1.2mg