Warm Lamb Salad
This tasty lamb salad has all the Mediterranean vibes, as it is bursting with olives, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and a simple balsamic dressing.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Marinating time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 800 g lamb chops
- 60 g couscous
- 100 g mixed salad leaves (we used spinach, rocket and watercress)
- 50 g mixed fresh herbs finely chopped (we used rosemary, parsley and mint)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 50 g olives
- 70 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 30 g feta cheese crumbled
- 20 g toasted pine nuts
- 4 strawberries hulled and sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- tzatziki (to serve)
- hummus (to serve)
- pitta bread (to serve)
Put the lamb chops, 40g of the herbs, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp each of oil and balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper into a large dish. Mix well so the lamb is coated and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Make the salad dressing by combining the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic and herbs.
Cook the couscous according to the instructions. When cooked, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Dry heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Place the marinated lamb chops in the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side.
Place the salad leaves on a large platter and pour the dressing over.
Evenly sprinkle the couscous over the leaves.
Add the cherry tomatoes, olives and sliced strawberries.
Add the cooked lamb.
Finish off by adding the sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled feta and pine nuts.
- After the lamb has finished cooking, deglaze the pan with some red wine vinegar. Allow to reduce and then use this as an extra dressing.
- You can also swap any of the salad ingredients for your favourite ones, or whatever you have left in your salad draw that needs using up.
- Use good quality oil and balsamic for the dressing as you can really taste the difference.
- We used lamb chops but you can use diced lamb or even leftover roast lamb.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 1233mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1425IU | Vitamin C: 37.8mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 6.5mg