Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
This simple recipe for Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken is a delicious healthy dinner option, bursting with wonderful North African flavour.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 chicken breasts
- 400 g white beans (canned)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest only)
- 4 shallots diced
- 1 aubergine eggplant, diced
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 tbsp ras el hanout
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 8 dried apricots diced
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 80 g giant cous cous
Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker pot and add the ras-el-hanout.
Add all the other ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
About 15 minutes before time is up, make the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the couscous. Serve in bowls with fresh coriander (cilantro).
- Add a more intense lemon flavour to this dish by using preserved lemons.
- If you want to add even more fruity flavour to this dish, add some raisins with the dried apricots.
- Finish this dish off with a sprinkling of flaked almonds.
- You may need to add a little bit of water to it when reheating.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 286mg | Potassium: 1864mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 14465IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 216mg | Iron: 6mg