These fish tacos are light, colourful, packed full of flavour and just enough spice to get your taste buds tingling.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 servings
For the fish filling
- 250 g cod fillets cut into chunks
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 0.25 tsp cumin
- 0.25 tsp ground coriander
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices bread made in to breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
For the cream
- 1 tbsp chipotle en adobo
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 mini tortillas
- 2 portions Mexican Coleslaw
- 40 g feta
- 1 little gem lettuce shredded
Mix the fish seasoning together with the bread crumbs in a bowl. Put the egg in another bowl and the flour in a third bowl.
Dip each fish piece in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
Mix the ingredients for the sauce together.
Put on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 7, until cooked through and crispy.
Assemble the tacos with shredded lettuce, Mexican slaw, fish, and sauce and feta.
- Make these tacos gluten free by using gluten free breadcrumbs and gluten free tortillas.
- If you don't like spicy food, then skip the chilli in the fish seasoning and then make an avocado cream rather than the chipotle sauce.
- Make the slaw and bread the fish in advance to save you some time. Then you can just put the breaded fish in the oven when you are ready to eat.
- Make lower carb tacos by skipping the breading and just baking the spiced fish and then serving it in giant lettuce laves rather than soft tacos.
- Our Jalapeno Sauce would go well with these if you want to up the spice!
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 1577mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3761IU | Vitamin C: 149mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 3mg