Stuffed Lamb Pita
This Stuffed Lamb Pitas recipe is seriously loaded and will take your lunch times to the next level! Great for feeding a crowd and easily cooked on a BBQ.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 300 g diced lamb
- 2 tbsp za'atar
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 4 pita breads
- 100 g lettuce
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 4 tbsp tzatziki
- 80 g drained roasted peppers chopped
- 40 g feta crumbled
Put the lamb into a food processor and blend until it turns in to mince. Stir in the Za'atar and fresh mint and mix well.
Form in to 6 sausage shapes and then thread on to pre-soaked skewers.
Put under a preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes turning frequently.
Open up the pita breads and spread with the hummus and tzatziki and then stuff with the lettuce and roasted tomatoes. Once the koftas are cooked, chop them up and add to the pita with some feta and serve.
- Make sure you soak the skewers before threading the lamb on to them.
- If preferred, you can use shop bought lamb mince.
- If Za'atar isn't your thing, then you could use another spice blend like ras-el-hanout or even a Mexican or Italian blend for something different.
- Stuff these pitas with any vegetables you like. It's a great fridge raid dish and a way to use up some vegetables.
- Want a bit of a kick to these? Add a drizzle of chilli sauce or even add some chilli flakes in to the kofta mix.
- Swap the feta for some grilled halloumi to change things up a bit.
Serving: 1stuffed pita | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 5mg