Chocolate Mug Cake
For a quick and easy chocolate fix that is lower in calories, try this super simple Chocolate Mug Cake. Healthier than most and totally delicious.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time4 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 6 tbsp ground oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp almond milk (you could use any milk though)
- 20 g good quality dark chocolate cut into small chunks
In a bowl, mix together everything but the dark chocolate and make sure everything is combined well.
Divide half of the mixture between 2 mugs.
Divide the chocolate chunks between the 2 mugs and then pour the rest of the cake mixture on top of the chocolate chunks, dividing it between the 2 mugs.
Put each mug in the microwave separately for 2 minutes.
- To make the ground oats, simply put porridge oats in a food processor until a flour consistency.
- Additions to the mixture: orange rind or juice, coconut, chunks of cookie, cherries, ginger.
- Add on top: Nut butter or extra Greek yoghurt.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 639mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 3mg