Easy Italian Chicken
Make your dinner table an Italian feast with this simple and tasty Italian Chicken recipe. Perfect for weeknight dinners and entertaining.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g chicken breasts
- 4 shallots diced
- 1 courgette (zucchini) diced
- 10 asparagus spears cut in to chunks
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 20 olives mixed
Heat the oil in a large pan and then add the chicken. Cook for 6-7 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. Take the chicken out and put to one side.
Add to the pan the shallots, courgette, asparagus and cherry tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, herbs, balsamic and seasoning. Mix well.
Put the chicken and vegetables into an oven dish.
Mix well so that the chicken is covered.
Cook in a preheated oven at 200°C/390°F/Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with basil and parmesan before serving.
- Pound the chicken breasts first, as this makes them a little thinner and they cook a bit quicker and more evenly.
- Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. Try to only use quick cooking vegetables.
- Add some extra greens by stirring in some spinach about 5 minutes before it is ready.
- Add a little sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top at the end to make this an extra special chicken dish.
- Serve with homemade potato wedges, on top or spaghetti, mashed potato or rice or just with some crusty bread
- This dish will stay fresh in the fridge for 2 days, or in the freezer for 2 months.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 1177mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 944IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 4mg