Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Pesto and chicken are a delicious combination and this Pesto Chicken Sandwich is super easy to make and perfect for a packed lunch.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 ciabattas
- 200 g chicken breast grilled and sliced
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 30 g rocket (arugula) lettuce
- 0.5 ball mozzarella thinly sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
Mix the pesto with the Greek yogurt and mayo.
Spread it on the halved ciabattas.
Top with rocket lettuce.
Add the mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes.
Top with grilled chicken.
- You can use a couple of slices of your favourite bread, a roll or a bagel, pita or wrap.
- If you don't have any leftover grilled chicken, you can grill some fresh or shred up some leftover roast chicken.
- You can use any pesto in the creamy sauce.
- Swap the rocket for spinach or your favourite salad greens.
- You can add fresh tomato and cucumber or some grilled peppers.
- We used mozzarella, but you could use a strong cheddar or Swiss cheese instead.
- You could put the sandwich in a panini press after you have made it.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 993mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 350mg | Iron: 1mg