Slow Cooker Beef Casserole
A hearty, savoury Slow Cooker Beef Casserole with onions, leeks and mushrooms. Perfect for those cold winter nights.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 500 g braising steak cubed
- 1 large onion cut into chunks
- 1 large leek sliced
- 10 mushrooms quartered
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml red wine (if you don't want to use wine, then add more stock)
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (tomato paste)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
Add some oil to a hot pan and add the beef and brown gently for 2 of minutes.
Add to the slow cooker, add the rest of the ingredients and cook on high for 6 hours.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 710mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 746IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 4mg