Spanish Olives are a really easy side dish that are a must at any tapas dinner party or just to keep in your fridge as a delicious Mediterranean flavoured snack.
Prep Time5 mins
Marinating time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 300 g pitted green olives
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon (juice and zest only)
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds crushed
- 0.25 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic clove crushed
Put the olives in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Put in the fridge for several hours to marinate.
- You don't have to stick to Spanish flavours. Why not use Mexican or Italian herbs and spices instead.
- These olives will keep in an air tight jar in the fridge for around 2 weeks.
- Serve at any tapas dinner party or with a simple grilled chicken or salmon dish.
- Bulk this dish out a little and transform them by adding some skinned almonds.
- You can use any olives you like, but we like using big meaty green olives.
- Try to use the best quality olive oil you can buy, as you really will be able to taste the difference.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1187mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 469IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg