Another recipe that has feta? You don’t look very surprised. Is that because you love feta as much as I do? I also, love, love, LOVE asparagus and I am so happy that it is in season.
If you want to be kept up to date on posts like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up.
This recipe is ideal to make on a Sunday and to keep in the fridge for your breakfast the next couple of days. Meaning you can wake up and know that you can have a delicious and healthy breakfast ready in minutes, all you have to do is reheat it. A slice of this egg bake makes a really good snack too – perfect for post workout.
The great thing about egg bakes, is you can put anything you want in it. I usually add some spinach, as there is always some in my fridge and it is a good way to use up leftover cheese if you have a few small bits of different types.
I like to heat a slice of this up in the morning and add some salsa on top and eat it with a slice of toast.
Ingredients – Serves 5:
– 10 eggs
– 4 tbsp milk
– 30g/ 1 oz feta cheese
– 8 asparagus spears, halved
– 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
– A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
2) Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper and the milk together and pour in to an oven dish. The size of the dish doesn’t really matter and you will either have thick or thin slices.
3) Add the asparagus, tomatoes and crumble over the feta.
4) Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
What is your favourite vegetable to add to eggs? Leave a comment below.
Nutritional Information – per person:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.