You stick to porridge or fruit all week for your breakfast, but come Sunday, you just want something a little bit more. You could have a fried breakfast or sugary cereal, but that wouldn’t be good for your body. Instead, make some healthy banana pancakes. By mixing mashed banana into the pancake batter, you give it a sweet taste without adding loads of sugar.
Serves 2 (2 pancakes each) – 300 Calories per serving
- 110g wholewheat flour
- 140ml skimmed milk
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Half a egg
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 ripe mashed banana
1) Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2) Mash the banana
3) Add the milk, butter and egg to the banana
4) Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Slowly stir together to form a batter.
5) Add a little butter to a pan, heat and pour a quarter of the batter in and cook for a minute
6) Flip the pancake over and cook for another minute
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy