Just quickly, before you check out the recipe, if you want to be kept up to date on more delicious and healthy recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
One of the most popular parts of this blog is the Under 30 Minutes Meals, so I thought I would focus on adding more recipes to that category. I can understand why so many people are looking for healthy meals that can be made under 30 minutes, as there is a misconception that healthy meals take hours to cook and they have lots of ingredients to them. That doesn’t have to be the case. You can get nutritious and tasty meals that the whole family will like cooked in well under 30 minutes. I aim to get a lot of meals done in under 15 minutes, like this one.
We are all really busy and most people don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen (I love spending time in the kitchen, but maybe that is just me), so the quicker a meal can be prepared, made and put on the table, the better!
Pasta dishes are always going to be a favourite when it comes to quick meals and they can be healthy too!
I really love tomato pasta dishes, but there is something so good about a creamy pasta dish. It’s just a shame it usually comes packed with calories. You know what I am going to say – it doesn’t have to! Using the super ingredient that is Greek yoghurt, you can have a creamy pasta dish that is healthy too. I swear that if I could only take one food to a desert island, it would most likely be Greek yoghurt.
If you don’t eat pasta, for what ever reason (you don’t have to cut it out to lose weight or to be healthy – I have eaten it through my entire weight loss), then use ribboned vegetables instead of have half pasta and half spinach, which I like to do.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 150g/5oz Whole wheat pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 mushrooms, sliced (I use a mixture of mushrooms like chestnut, shiitake and oyster)
- 30g/1oz parmesan
- 4 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Cracked black pepper
1) Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12 minutes.
2) Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat a little oil in a pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
4) Drain the pasta and add it to the mushroom mixture and add the yoghurt, black pepper and cheese and stir.
5) Serve and sprinkle the parsley and lemon zest on top.
Nutritional Information – per person:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Creamy lemon, honey and mustard chicken
- Healthier Hummus
- Egg and Vegetable Bake