One of the most popular parts of this blog is the Under 30 Minutes Meals, so I thought I would focus on adding more recipes to that category. I can understand why so many people are looking for healthy meals that can be made under 30 minutes, as there is a misconception that healthy meals take hours to cook and they have lots of ingredients to them. That doesn’t have to be the case. You can get nutritious and tasty meals that the whole family will like cooked in well under 30 minutes. I aim to get a lot of meals done in under 15 minutes, like this one.
We are all really busy and most people don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen (I love spending time in the kitchen, but maybe that is just me), so the quicker a meal can be prepared, made and put on the table, the better!
Pasta dishes are always going to be a favourite when it comes to quick meals and they can be healthy too!
I really love tomato pasta dishes, but there is something so good about a creamy pasta dish. It’s just a shame it usually comes packed with calories. You know what I am going to say – it doesn’t have to! Using the super ingredient that is Greek yoghurt, you can have a creamy pasta dish that is healthy too. I swear that if I could only take one food to a desert island, it would most likely be Greek yoghurt.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 150g/5oz Whole wheat pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 30g/1oz cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- Cracked black pepper
1) Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12 minutes.
2) Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat a little oil in a pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Add the garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted – about 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
4) Drain the pasta and add it to the mushroom mixture and add the yoghurt, black pepper and cheese and stir.
Nutritional Information – per person: