This isn’t so much of a recipe, as it is just putting all the ingredients together in a soft taco, but I thought I would upload the ingredient list and show how I seasoned the fish, as that is really what makes the dish.
I feel that fish isn’t used in Mexican dishes enough. Well, not in our house anyway. We sometimes use prawns, but it is mostly chicken, pork or beans. Using white fish made a really nice change, and it was fairly meaty too.
This is another meal that can be made in under 20 minutes.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- Quarter of a small red cabbage
- 2 fillets of white fish (we had cod)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- A little salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1) Cut the fish fillets into chunks and sprinkle over the chilli powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and salt and pepper.
2) Grill the fish for 10 minutes.
3) Grate the red cabbage either in a food processor or using a box grater.
4) Start constructing your tacos by spreading tbsp of Greek yoghurt in the middle of each tortilla, then adding the red cabbage, chunks of fish and then top with the mango salsa.
Nutritional Information – per person:
Fat: 21.5 (mostly from the avocados)