It’s nearly here – it is BBQ (Grilling) season. There is nothing better than firing up the grill on a nice Spring/Summer day and cooking your food outside. The best part about it is all the different sauces and marinades you can make to flavour your meat, fish and vegetables that can change the flavour without adding loads of calories. It can be done healthily, and I will be bringing you lots of recipes in the coming months that will prove that.
Is there a better flavour combination than tomato and basil? Well, yes, chocolate and orange, but this sure comes close.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste/puree
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons mince red chilli
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
1) Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and set aside.
2) Score the chicken breasts and pour over the marinade and leave for 30 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
3) Cook on the BBQ Grill for 10 minutes each side and serve.
I served mine with stuffed potato skins and an avocado and sweetcorn salsa – recipes for both of these shall be uploaded soon.