Nothing is better for breakfast than fluffy pancakes. And these have some added spice! Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are a great way to start your day.
Now that we are heading into Autumn/Fall, it is time for all the cinnamon and vanilla flavoured foods to start appearing. Autumn/Fall also means apple season – so what better what to combine all these seasonally flavours, than to put them in a pancake! I am so excited for this season change. Can you tell? Can you?!
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
How to make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes – serves 2:
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 125 g wholemeal flour
- 0.25 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg white
- 70 ml non fat yoghurt
- 2 apples peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 8 pitted dates
- 100 ml water
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl (except the dates and water) and stir.
- Put the dates and water in a food processor and blend to make a date syrup.
- Add the date syrup to the pancake mixture and stir.
- Using kitchen paper, wipe a pan with oil, heat and pour in some mixture. Spread it round to desired consistency.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble (1 minute), flip the pancake over.
- Add toppings if you want and serve.
These also freeze really well if you want to make extra for a quick breakfast later in the week!