This BBQ Chicken Salad is simple, delicious and comes together in minutes – a wonderful summer salad bowl!
You know there are those people that don't really like salads? Yeah, I am always surprised that there are people that don't really like salads. Dave (Mr HHH) is exactly like that. Well, this is a salad that will win them over. Last summer (ahhh, summer. You seem so long ago), I made it my mission to create a salad that even Dave would enjoy and I more than completed that mission when I made my Spicy Steak and Roasted Potato Salad. I couldn't just make him one salad for the rest of his life, so I set out to make more that he would enjoy.
If you want to be kept up to date on more delicious and healthy recipes like this BBQ Chicken Salad, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won't be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up :)
After I made my healthy ranch dressing a couple of weeks ago, it got me thinking "what can I put this on". Well, the answer to that is pretty much anything - it is awesome. But it goes really, really well with BBQ chicken. I discovered this after we had some pulled BBQ chicken leftover from tacos the night before.
This is also a great make ahead of time salad and can easily be transported to work. Make all your co-workers jealous with your tasty and healthy salad whilst they are eating their bland pre-packaged sandwiches.
How to make BBQ Chicken Salad - Serves 2:
BBQ Chicken Salad
- Cut the tortillas in to strips and then spray with oil. Put in a preheated oven at 180C for 4 minutes until crispy.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and then add the chicken. Gently cook for 5-6 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the BBQ sauce.
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl and squeeze the lime juice over it. Top with the chopped avocado, diced tomatoes, sweetcorn and grated carrot. Top with the BBQ chicken.
- Add the cheese and tortilla chips.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing on top.
What's your favourite salad? Leave a comment below.