These delicious Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas will give you an authentic taste of Mexico and are perfect for the whole family.
Yup, it’s another Mexican recipe. I told you we love Mexican food! It has become so popular in England in recent years, but most people are turning to Old el Paso to make easy Mexican food. By doing that, you are turning a pretty healthy meal into an fairly unhealthy one with the seasoning packet that has way too much salt in it. Make the seasoning yourself using the recipe below. You could use chicken, beef or prawns instead of the beans if you like.
How to make Vegetable Enchiladas – Serves 2
Bean and Vegetable Enchiladas
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 500 g passata
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g canned pinto beans
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas
- 3 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 50 g reduced fat cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion power
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp chipotle flakes
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the peppers, onion, mushrooms and courgettes until softened - about 7 minutes.
- Pour in 3/4 of the passata carton onto the veg and add all the spices of the seasoning.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes
- Add half of the remaining passata to the bottom of a ovenproof dish
- Take one of the tortillas and add some of the vegetable and bean mix.
- Roll it up like a burrito and lay fold down in the dish
- Repeat with the other three tortillas
- Spread the yoghurt over the top of the rolled up tortillas.
- If there is any left over vegetable and bean mix, put it on top of the yogurt
- Pour over the left over passata
- Sprinkle over the cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200C