This breakfast was a bit of a “throw everything in a pan and see what happens” kind of thing. I used some leftover potatoes and I used the extra vegetables that we had in the fridge. I expect that I will include different things each time I make this, just to make use of what we have around.
I love having potatoes for breakfast, and we usually do every Sunday. I feel full for much longer than I do after a breakfast that doesn’t include eggs. Also, including potatoes in it means that this breakfast would be great for dinner too, and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?!
Ingredients – serves 2:
– 2 eggs
– 1 medium potato, cubed
– 1 leek, sliced
– 1 onion, diced
– A handful of spinach
– 2 slices of turkey bacon (leave out if you want to keep it a vegetarian dish)
– 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp red chilli flakes
– 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Toss the potato cubes in a little oil and stir in the paprika and chilli flakes and bake at 200C/400F for 30 minutes.
2) Add the leek, onion and bacon to a pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Stir in the cooked potatoes, parsley and add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
4) Make 2 holes in the mixture and crack an egg into each one and cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your like.
5) Sprinkle some more parsley on top and add a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and serve.