This super easy Breakfast Hash is definitely worth getting out of bed for! Already up? Have it for lunch or dinner. No judgement!
This breakfast was a bit of a “throw everything in a pan and see what happens” kind of thing. I used some leftover potatoes and I used the extra vegetables that we had in the fridge. I expect that I will include different things each time I make this, just to make use of what we have around.
I love having potatoes for breakfast, and we usually do every Sunday. I feel full for much longer than I do after a breakfast that doesn’t include eggs. Also, including potatoes in it means that this breakfast would be great for dinner too, and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?!
How to make Breakfast Hash – serves 2:
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium potato cubed
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 rashers turkey bacon (leave out if you want to keep it a vegetarian dish)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Toss the potato cubes in a little oil and stir in the paprika and chilli flakes and bake at 200C/400F for 30 minutes.
- Add the leek, onion and bacon to a pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the cooked potatoes, parsley and add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Make 2 holes in the mixture and crack an egg into each one and cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your like.
- Sprinkle some more parsley on top and add a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and serve.