A super easy and really simple Chicken Caesar Salad recipe with a healthy twist. This could be the best salad recipe you try!
This isn't just any chicken Caesar salad - this is a healthier version of it. What could be unhealthy about a regular Caesar salad though? The chicken is lean and the salad is made up of mostly water. Well, add on the normal creamy dressing and fried croutons and you might as well of had a burger.
Salads are usually seen as the healthy option when dining out, but most of them come with some kind of fat filled dressing or piled with cheese and/or bacon. Whilst that does sound delicious and totally like a salad I would love to eat, sometimes you just want something healthier. In this situation, I customise the salad and ask for the dressing on the side.
If you are making the most of the summer by having lots of salads, then you might be lacking inspiration when it comes to salad dressing. This Caesar dressing can be used for so many things, not just on a chicken salad - so get creative with it.
How to make this Chicken Caesar Salad - Serves 2:
Healthy Caesar Salad
- 300 g chicken breasts
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 60 g spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 4 tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy fillets chopped
- Grill the chicken breasts for 20 minutes.
- Make the dressing by adding the Greek yogurt, anchovies, Parmesan, vinegar, mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce to a food processor and blending. Alternatively, mix well in a bowl.
- Chop up the lettuce and spinach and put in bowls with the tomatoes. Top with sliced chicken breast and drizzle over the dressing.