* This is a sponsored post for Activia *
Having a happy tummy means that I am happy too and the best way for me to have a happy tummy is to make sure that I am eating enough fruit and vegetables, as well as eating wholegrains and this Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta includes all three.
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won't be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
The lovely people at Activia are on a mission to help people enjoy the little moments in life by having a #HappyTummy and that is something I can definitely get on board with. You can find out more about it over on their Facebook page. Having a happy tummy means I am able to get the most out of my day and tick everything off my to-do list.
It is amazing how quickly I can feel really sluggish when I am not eating enough fibre, but it is also amazing how quick that can turn around and how much better I can feel when including more of it in my diet. One of the ways I do that is by eating vegetables with every meal. I am focusing on working out to boost my mood at the moment and that is really hard to do with an unhappy tummy, so increasing my fibre is something I am focusing on a lot at the moment. We only eat wholegrains and we feel so much better for it.
Activia have brought out a new product called Activia Fibre, that not only contains 5 live cultures, but also has a topper that contains wheat bran fibre, making it a great way to get some extra fibre in to your diet, especially if you are short on time.
Take a look at my happy tummy recipe that is full of vegetables and wholegrains.
How To Make Chicken Spinach Pasta
Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta
- 150 g Pasta
- 300 g chicken breast cut into chunks
- 100 g spinach finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 75 g light cream cheese
- 100 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- 40 g sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 80 g artichoke hearts chopped
- 80 g mozzarella grated
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken until it is cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat some more oil to the pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute until softened.
- Add the spinach, cream cheese, milk, yogurt and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan along with the chicken, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes.
- Cover with grated mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Do you have a favourite pasta dish?