* This is a sponsored post for Resmond *
We are all really busy and most people don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen (I love spending time in the kitchen, but maybe that is just me), so the quicker a meal can be prepared, made and put on the table, the better! This Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta is exactly that.
One of the most popular parts of this blog is the Under 30 Minutes Meals, so I thought I would focus on adding more recipes to that category. I can understand why so many people are looking for healthy meals that can be made under 30 minutes, as there is a misconception that healthy meals take hours to cook and they have lots of ingredients to them. That doesn’t have to be the case – you can get nutritious and tasty meals that the whole family will like cooked in well under 30 minutes. I aim to get a lot of meals done in around 15 minutes, like this one.
If you want to be kept up to date on new recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up.
Love it or hate it, but Valentine’s Day is come up. Personally, we love it! Sure, you don’t need one day a year to show each other how much you love each other, but any excuse to push the boat out a little bit more and show each other some more love should be grabbed I think. We don’t tend to go out, as it’s crazy expensive and I don’t want to be spending time surrounded by other couples, so we stay in and cook and actually sit at the table, instead of in front of the TV. Hey, that’s a luxury for us!
We don’t want to be spending hours in the kitchen on Valentine’s Day, so we make something quick, that isn’t going to cause a lot of washing up – which is why we use our Redmond Multi Cooker. This multicooker really does do everything: soups, stews, oats, cakes, steams, yoghurt, pasta, fondue, bread. In fact, there is not much that I have found that it doesn’t do. I haven’t tried any cakes in it yet, but that is next on the list.
I have posted about this a couple of times and the response has been really good, and a few of you have bought one yourself, but what you ask for were more ideas on what to make in it – so I will be sharing more recipes over the coming months.
This isn’t just another kitchen gadget that you don’t have room for. In fact, it is the one kitchen gadget that you do need, so you could technically get rid of all the other ones, as this one combines them all. For those of you that are heading to uni or you only have a small amount of kitchen space, then the Redmond Multicooker is ideal. I wish I had of taken one in to student accommodation with me when I started uni.
What I am loving about it at the moment is it is a massive time saver – you just put everything in and it pretty much does it all for you. It’s small, it’s quiet, it’s easy to use (although I would recommend thoroughly reading the instructions so you can see just how much you can do with it)
Oh, and worried about all the garlic and it being Valentine’s Day? Well, at least you will both have garlic breath!
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 150 g Whole wheat pasta (5oz)
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 Mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 30 g Vegetarian parmesan (1oz)
- 4 tbsp 0% Creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Cracked black pepper
- Finely chop the garlic and slice the mushrooms. Pour the oil into the bowl and add the garlic and mushrooms.
- Press MENU on the Redmond Multicooker and select the FRY program. Press the PRODUCT button and select VEGETABLES. Select the HOUR/MIN button and set the COOKING TIME button for 5 minutes.
- Press START and stir-fry the ingredients until the program finishes. Take them out and place into a separate container.
- Pour the 3 litres of water into the bowl and close the lid. Press MENU and select the PASTA program. Select the HOUR/MIN button and set the COOKING TIME for 12 minutes.
- Press START and put the spaghetti in when you hear the beep and stir.
- Close the lid and press START. Cook until the program finishes and combine the spaghetti with the mushroom mix and stir in the rest of the ingredients before serving.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
Let’s stay in touch!
**This recipe was commissioned by Redmond, however all opinions are my own**