These homemade fish fingers are delicious and easy and a great recipe for kids to make. These fish fingers are baked too, so they are healthy too. Put them in a sandwich, serve with a salad or just dip them in your favourite sauce.
Fish fingers remind me of being a kid. Serve them with chips and spaghetti hoops and I was a happy child. The frozen fish fingers have come a long way since I was younger and a big effort has been made to make the healthier. But, the pre-made ones are still nowhere near as healthy as they can be if you make them yourself. Also, they are really cheap to make and quick to cook. Making them yourself also means you have the advantage of marinading the fish first so it can take on any flavour you want. I would recommend lemon and parsley, but I forgot this time.
How to make this Homemade Fish Finger recipe – Serves 2
Homemade Fish Fingers Recipe
- 250 g fresh cod
- 1 slice brown bread made into breadcrumbs by blending it.
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp wholewheat flour
- Cut the cod into fish finger size pieces
- One at a time, coat the cod pieces in the flour
- Then dip it into the beaten egg
- Then roll it in the breadcrumbs so it is completely covered.
- Repeat with each piece and put on a lightly greased baking try.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes.