Garlic and pizza lovers rejoice, as we have quite possibly the most garlicky pizza you will ever eat. This Garlic Mushroom Pizza is so easy to make and comes with a serious garlicky punch.
Garlic Mushroom Pizza
Boy does this have a lot of garlic in it! I mean, I know that it has garlic in the title of it, so you would expect a fair amount of garlic. But then expect a lot more on top of that! This is not a meal for a first date, but it is one for garlic lovers.
Do you want to be kept up to date on more delicious recipes like this Garlic Mushroom Pizza? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds). You will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed.
Click here to sign up.
I suppose you could tone down the garlic levels of this, but where is the fun in that? Garlic is quite possibly one of the best flavours there is and I fall firmly in the camp of you can never have too much. Garlic and mushrooms are one of those classic matches and when they are put on a pizza – it’s close to perfection.
This isn’t like your traditional pizza – as you may have noticed from the photos that there is no marinara. *shocked face*. We love a slow cooker marinara as much as the next person, but this pizza is really all about the garlic, so no tomato based sauce needed. Instead, the dough is smothered in a garlic oil mixture to keep it moist and add some extra garlic flavour, obviously.
Then on top of that it is loaded with garlic mushrooms and shavings of parmesan are scattered on before it goes in the oven. You could add a sprinkle of garlic granules on top, but that is probably too much garlic, even for me.
Making your own pizza dough is easier that you might think. Is it quick? No. But it isn’t complicated and the effort is worth it for deliciously crispy homemade dough. If you want a quicker Garlic Mushroom Pizza option, then you can make these on a flatbread or pitta. You could even make it on a tortilla for a lower calorie version, but the mushrooms are fairly heavy so it might not hold it together very well.
A punchy garlic sauce with tons of garlicky mushrooms – what more can a garlic and pizza lover want?! Maybe some mints to eat before you speak to anyone after eating this!
How To Make Garlic Mushroom Pizza
Garlic Mushroom Pizza
- 1 Portion of homemade whole wheat pizza dough
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g Mixed mushrooms (we used shiitake, oyster and mini portobello)
- 0.75 cup Basil, torn
- 40 g Parmesan, shaved
- Roll out 1 portion of homemade pizza dough. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil and half the garlic and spread over the pizza dough.
- Add some spray oil to a frying pan and add the mushrooms and rest of the garlic. Gently heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Put the garlic mushrooms on top of the pizza and add the torn basil and parmesan. Add some cracked black pepper and a pinch of sea salt and put in a preheated oven at 200C for 15-20 minutes until the dough has risen and is cooked through.