Last updated on January 15th, 2019 at 11:28 am
These Garlic Mushroom Quesadillas are a quick and super tasty lunch, full of Mexican flavour. Perfect for lunch with a salad or as a starter for a Mexican fiesta!
My never ending quest for making Mexican food that rivals this little Mexican hole in the wall in San Diego that I had the BEST potato tacos brought me to making garlic mushroom quesadillas last night. Not a particularly conventional Mexican filling, but tasty none the less. Did the taste rival that of those potato tacos? Of course not. They were made in a tiny, authentic kitchen on the boarder of Mexico. They also came with free and unlimited nachos and a variety of dips and toppings and only cost $0.50 each. I was a poor backpacker, so I ate there 6 times in my 4 day stay.
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
The great thing about quesadillas, and even burritos too, is that you can fill them with almost anything. I made my husband banana and chocolate spread quesadillas for dessert once and he loved them. No, I am not married to a 5 year-old, he just craves sweet things like a 5 year-old does.
How to make Garlic Mushroom Quesadillas – Serves 2:
Garlic Mushroom Quesadillas
- Heat some oil in a large pan and cook the mushrooms and onions for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, chipotle (if using) and coriander (cilantro) and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Separate the mixture between 2 tortillas and spread so it covers it.
- Sprinkle the cheese over and then top with the other tortilla.
- Cook until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 and serve with salad, salsa and guacamole.
What is the best Mexican food you have ever eaten? Have you been to Mexico? Leave a comment to make me jealous of how amazing the food was!