Like most people, dessert is my downfall. After dinner, I just crave something sweet and it is so hard to avoid the temptation of a huge slice of cake, or some ice cream. All the adverts on TV for dessert certainly don’t help.
So, I am trying out loads of healthy dessert recipes. The criteria for them is that they should taste a lot more decident then they actually are, they should be low fat and low sugar, but full of taste. This recipe certainly ticks all those boxes. I cooked mine on a George Foreman, but you could just as easily grill them or BBQ them. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
– Small pineapple,
– 2 tablespoons of Agave (or honey if you don’t have it)
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
– Sprinkle of cinnamon
1) Cut the top off the pineapple (use the top as a hat if you really don’t like waste)
2) Mix the Agave (or honey) with the vanilla extract
3) Slice into 4 rings and cut a circle out of the middle and cut round the edges
4) Put the pineapple rings on the George Foreman grill, brush with marinade and sprinkle with cinnamon
5) Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. If you are grilling or BBQing them, cook for 2 minutes each side and then serve with 0% greek yogurt