Grilled pineapple with honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Pineapple is delicious on its own, but grilling it really brings out the flavour.
Like most people, dessert is my downfall. After dinner, I just crave something sweet and it is so hard to avoid the temptation of a huge slice of cake, or some ice cream. All the adverts on TV for dessert certainly don’t help.
So, I am trying out loads of healthy dessert recipes. The criteria for them is that they should taste a lot more decadent than they actually are, they should be low fat and low sugar, but full of taste. This recipe certainly ticks all those boxes. I cooked mine on a George Foreman, but you could just as easily grill them or BBQ them. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
How to make grilled pineapple – Serve 2
Grilled Pineapple with honey, vanilla and cinnamon
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Cut the top off the pineapple (use the top as a hat if you really don't like waste!)
- Mix the honey with the vanilla extract.
- Slice pineapple into 4 rings and cut a circle out of the middle and cut round the edges.
- Brush the rings with marinade and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put the pineapple rings under the grill.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with 0% greek yogurt.