Easy and healthy grilled Lemon Herb Chicken with cous cous is simple to make and is perfect for a weeknight meal and tastes great!
How to make Lemon Herb Chicken - serves 2
Lemon Herb Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 7 g fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 140 g dried giant couscous
- 6 g fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add the olive oil, half the lemon juice and zest, the garlic, rosemary, oregano, mustard and salt and pepper. Use your hands and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook for 4 minutes, until the skin starts to get crispy.
- Turn the chicken over and add the chicken stock and the rest of the lemon juice and zest. Put in a preheated oven at gas mark 7 for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions. Drain and then stir through the fresh parsley.
- Serve with chicken on top.