These oven baked onion rings are a much more healthy option than the deep fried version. A lightly seasoned but crispy coating make these a great side dish.
If you are having burger and fries (home-made of course), then you have to have some onion rings on the side. When ordered in a restaurant, 99% of the time they will be deep-fried, which is such a shame because it makes them VERY unhealthy, when they don’t need to be, and they just end up tasting of oil. Try this recipe for oven baked onion rings. The great thing about making your own coating for the onions is that you can use any seasoning you like.
How To Make Baked Onion Rings
Baked Onion Rings
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices
- 1 egg whisked
- 3 tbsp wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Cut the onions.
- Mix together the flour, onion and garlic powder, paprika and chilli powder.
- Dip each of the onion rings into the whisked egg.
- Then coat in the flour mixture and put on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 minutes and serve.