A great accompaniment to any curry is this healthier Peshwari Naan.
How to make Peshwari Naan - Serves 2
- 125 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 60 ml skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 70 g raisins
- 0.5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds finely chopped
- To make the dough, sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the middle of the mix.
- Mix the milk and olive oil together and pour into the well that was made in the flour mix.
- Gradually stir in flour into the liquid, a little bit at a time until you have a sticky dough. Take out of bowl and put onto a floured surface and kneed for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the kneeded ball into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea-towel. Leave for 15 minutes. After that, take the dough out of the bowl and tear in half. Roll each piece out, so it is fairly thin.
- Place the naans on a preheated baking tray and scatter over the raisins, almonds and coconut and press into the dough gently.
- Cook at 220°C/425°F/Gas 7 for 10 minutes and serve brushed with melted butter (optional).
It goes great with this curry recipe: Korma Curry