This lightened version of creamy seafood lasagna features both salmon and prawns. A new take on a classic lasagna dish!
How to make Seafood Lasagna:
- 4 courgettes
- 240 g salmon fillets
- 200 g prawns (shrimp)
- 300 g spinach
- 500 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 500 g passata
- 40 g plain flour
- 40 g butter
- 290 ml skimmed milk
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Grill the salmon for 15 minutes. When cooked, cut up into flakes.
- Cut the courgettes into slices length ways. You should be able to get about 4 slices out of 1 courgette. Grill the slices. Once all cooked, set aside.
- Cook the spinach in boiling water for around 3 minutes, drain and then put aside.
- Fry the onion, mushrooms and garlic in the oil for around 5 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms have softened.
- Add the passata to the mushroom mixture and then stir in the drained spinach, flaked salmon and prawns.
- Whilst that is cooking, start making your roux. Melt the butter in a small non-stick saucepan and add the flour. Stir until it forms a smooth paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour half the milk in and allow to boil without stirring. Stir the mix until it blends into a smooth paste
- Beat it well and add the remaining milk a little at a time, beating it well after each bit you add. Cook on a simmer for a further 3-4 minutes, making sure you constantly stir it.
- Whilst the roux is simmering, you can start assembling the lasagne. Pour half of the prawn and salmon mixture into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Layer half of the courgette slices over the mixture.
- Pour the remaining prawn and salmon mixture over the courgettes and then layer the remaining courgettes over the mixture.
- Pour the roux over the top layer of courgettes and top with slices of mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for about 30 minutes, or until it starts to brown on top.