If you thought my love of Mexican food was extreme before, then this recipe has taken it to a whole other level. It is possibly one of the best Mexican dishes I have made and the best thing about it is that it is so simple and it is ready in less than 15 minutes.
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
This recipe is more about flavour than spice, but you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like. Dave (Mr HHH) laughs at me because I add chilli to everything, but I love the stuff and an added bonus is that it boosts your metabolism. There is chilli in the salmon rub and in the avocado cream, but you can leave it out of both if you are cooking for people that don’t like Spicy food. Just put out a bottle of chilli sauce for those that do, so they can spice up their tacos. Have you tried my Chipotle Sauce recipe?
If you don’t want to have it on a flour tortilla, then use a giant lettuce leaf instead – iceberg or romaine works well. This recipe is for 2 people and one taco each. We have ours with some brown rice or beans on the side and a big green salad.
We made some extra avocado cream (the lime in it stops it from going brown if you keep it in the fridge) and it goes really well in sandwiches/wraps as a replacement for mayo. The spices that were used as the salmon rub also work really well on chicken.
How to make 15 Minute Salmon Tacos – Serves 2:
- 1 salmon fillet
- 0.5 tsp each of paprika chipotle powder (or any chilli powder), cumin and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 soft tacos
- 100 g white cabbage shredded
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 0.25 avocado
- 2 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander cilantro
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix together the paprika, cumin, chilli powder and salt and pepper and rub over the salmon. Put the salmon under the grill for 12 minutes.
- Make the avocado cream by adding to a food processor the avocado, Greek yoghurt, jalapeño, lime juice, coriander and water and blending until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, then you can mash it all together in a bowl, but you won't get as smooth a sauce.
- Once the salmon is cooked, use a fork to flake it.
- Build your tacos by adding the cabbage and red onion to the soft tacos, top with the salmon and spoon over the avocado cream.
What is your favourite Mexican dish? Leave a comment below.