With my ongoing obsession with salsa (seriously, what can you not put it on?), I am making different types of salsa. I have already posted a regular salsa recipe, as well as one for pico de gallo, but salsa picante falls somewhere in the middle of the two in terms of chunkiness. I have even posted a mango salsa recipe.
I usually make up a big batch of this and then store it in the fridge. It will keep for around 5 days – if you don’t eat it all before then of course.
Salsa makes a great salad dressing that is much healthier than the bottled salad dressing you can buy and it is oil free too, if you are trying to cut down on oil.
Ingredients – Serves 8:
– 8 medium tomatoes
– 2 jalapeños (or to taste)
– 1 handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
– 1 onion
– 4 garlic cloves
– Juice of 2 limes
– A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1) Put all of the ingredients into a food processor, or chop very, very finely.
2) Put into a pan and simmer for 5 minutes. You don’t have to do this step, but I find it enhances the flavour.
Nutritional Information – Per Person:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy