Last updated on September 6th, 2019 at 03:10 pm
If you are looking for a super cute Christmas dessert that the kids will not only love eating, but making too, then give these Santa Hat Brownies a try. Just a few ingredients are needed to make these raw brownies and then top them with yoghurt and strawberries to make Santa hats.
As soon as Halloween is gone, we start thinking about delicious festive treats. These Christmas brownies couldn’t be any more perfect with their little Santa hats on.
A simple blended mix of almonds, dates, cocoa, honey and festive spices rolled in to balls and then topped with yoghurt and a strawberry Santa hat. Kids will LOVE making and eating these.
Want to try some other dessert recipes? How about these:
|Do you want to be kept up to date on more delicious posts like this? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds).|
Click here to sign up.
If you’ve tried this 10 Minute Chickpea Curry or any other recipe on the blog then let us know how you got on in the comments below, we love hearing from you!
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THE RECIPE ↓
Santa Hat Brownies
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 150 g pitted dates chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 7 tbsp water (maybe more if it is too dry)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 12 strawberries (top sliced off)
- 13 tsp Greek yoghurt
- blend the almonds until fine.
- Add the dates and cocoa power and blend until smooth.
- Tip into a bowl and stir in the ginger, honey and water and mix well.
- Here comes the VERY messy part, as this stuff will stick to your hands like glue. Divide the mixture in to 12 balls and then form sausage shapes. At the tip of each "sausage", put a hand at each and squash them down so you have a flat top and bottom circle.
- Top each one with a tsp of Greek yoghurt and add the "Santa hat" (strawberry) and top that with a tiny dot of Greek yoghurt.
**This recipe is adapted from Erica’s Sweet Tooth**