This Stuffed Butternut Squash is really simple to make. It’s an easy, filling vegan recipe that is great for lunch or dinner.
How to make Stuffed Butternut Squash – Serves 2
Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1 kg butternut squash
- 80 g quinoa cooked
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion diced
- 0.5 tsp red chilli finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh coriander chopped
- Cut the top (stalk) end off the butternut squash and slice in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds and put them to one side (you can dry them out and eat them for snacks if you like). Using a sharp knife, score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern so that the heat can get inside.
- Put on a baking tray, cut side down, and cook for 1 hour at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Fry the onions and tomatoes for 5 minutes and cook the quinoa according to its instructions.
- Mix together to cooked quinoa, tomatoes, onions, chilli and coriander.
- Once the hour is up, take the butternut squash out of the oven and spoon the quinoa mixture into the holes of the butternut squash. Put them back in the oven, cut side up, for 15-20 minutes.