A simple but authentic Thai Curry Paste that can be added to chicken, fish or vegetables or mixed with some coconut milk for a creamy Thai green curry.
How to make Thai Curry Paste:
Thai Curry Paste
- 3 lemongrass stalk
- 4 shallots
- 1 green birdseye chilli
- 25 g ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime (juice and zest only)
- 25 g fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- Add all the ingredients to a mortar.
- Pound well until a paste is formed. Alternatively you could use a food processor.
- You can leave out the chili, or add more, depending on your taste
- If the paste is too thick, just add a little water
- If you don't have a pestle and mortar, you can use a food processor