This Turkey Pie is another warming recipe. The turkey mince is leaner than using beef and by adding beans, you are bulking it out and can use less meat.
How to make Turkey Pie – Serves 6
- 500 g Turkey Mince
- 250 g passata
- 400 g cannelini beans
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 courgette sliced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 30 g fresh sage chopped
- 500 g sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp olive
- Chop the sweet potatoes and boil for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms, onions, garlic and courgettes for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and add the turkey mince and chopped sage and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the passata, beans, vegetables and season. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put into a large dish.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and top the turkey mix with it.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes.