These are so easy to make, you will never need to buy them ready made again. These are pretty small, so I use them as soft tacos. If you wanted to make them bigger (to use as wraps), divide the dough into 6 balls, rather than 12 (this will change the nutritional value per one that is stated towards the bottom).
If you look at the ingredients on store bought wraps, they are full of junk. When you make them yourself, they have very few ingredients. I put off making them myself for so long as I thought they would be too complicated and take too long - but they are really quick and easy.
How to make Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps - Makes 12:
Whole Wheat Wraps
- 250 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 150 ml Warm Water (boiled and allowed to cool)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Combine the flour and the baking powder and make a well.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Add the water a little at a time until you can form a dough ball.
- Put onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes
- Divide into 12 balls. On a floured surface, roll each dough ball into a circle around 20cm/8 inch in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan (no oil) and cook each tortilla for 30 seconds each side.
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.